Sunday, February 22, 2015

UFC Fight Night: Mir vs Bigfoot picks

This card is kind of being forgotten as the big Ronda Rousey-Cat Zingano bout is Saturday, but I have some picks for the main card regardless.

Main Event, Heavyweight Bout: Frank Mir vs. Antonio Silva - 'Bigfoot' Silva is in the house facing a man in Frank Mir who has been missing for quite some time. Both these guys need wins to keep their credibility going. I'm going with Silva's size to win via 1st-round KO.

Lightweight Bout: Edson Barboza vs. Michael Johnson - I'll take the local Barboza to pick up a 2nd-round KO.

Middleweight Bout: Chris Ferreira vs. Sam Alvey - I'm leaning on experience here, so I'll give Alvey the decision.

Lightweight Bout: Rustam Khabilov vs. Adriano Martins - I'll take the ranked Khabilov to win via decision.

Men's Bantamweight Bout: Iuri Alcantara vs. Frankie Saenz - Alcantara wins this squash match by 2nd-round submission.

Welterweight Bout: Santiago Ponzinibbio vs. Sean Strickland - A good potential opener here. I'll take the undefeated Strickland by decision.

No comments: