Saturday, February 14, 2015

UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs. Thatch picks

Wow. Just wow.

After a great first month of fights, we finally have a dud card in terms of name value. This card will hopefully have some quality bouts, but outside of Benson Henderson, there really isn't a true household name on this card.

Brandon Thatch appears to have a solid wrestling game and that will be huge against a fighter in Henderson, who is making his welterweight debut.

That said, elite is elite, and I expect Bendo to grind out a decision win.

Rest of the Main Card

Featherweight Bout: Cole Miller vs. Max Holloway - I see Holloway getting over Miller on stand-up, pulling out a 3rd-round KO.

Welterweight Bout: Neil Magny vs. Kiichi Kunimoto - I'll go with the more experienced fighter and give Kunimoto a decision win.

Middleweight Bout: Dan Kelly vs. Patrick Walsh - Kelly is undefeated and good from the ground, but Walsh has decent ground defense. I'll give it to Kelly, but by decision.

Lightweight Bout: Michel Prazeres vs. Kevin Lee - Both are solid on the ground, but Prazeres is more proven standing. I'll give it to "Tractor" Prazeres by decision.

Flyweight Bout: Ray Borg vs.Chris Kelades - Who came up with these nicknames? The Tazmexican vs. The Greek Assassin? I'll give these guys this: I expect a good fight, and I give Borg a Round 1 submission win.

No comments: