Saturday, April 6, 2013

UFC on Fuel TV: Mousasi vs. Latifi picks

So I've been off here for a couple of weeks. In case there was curiosity, it's because Bellator was just fueling my insane losing streak and I needed some time to regroup my picks.

I figured the couple of weeks between UFC cards was good timing, so I'm just going to knock out these picks.

Unfortunately, I hoped to return on a bigger card with a headline fight that wasn't just thrown together last minute because the title contender in the main event got injured, but here we are.

These aren't exactly interesting fights so I'll just belt them out. Hell, Invicta FC's pay-per-view will be a much better watch (it's pretty cheap and streams online on their site today!)

But yeah, in the Light Heavyweight Main Event I'll take Gegard Mousasi in his UFC debut to defeat Ilir Latifi in his major MMA promotion debut. I'm thinking KO 2.

In the co-main event, though I'd love to go with Ryan Couture to really stick it to Dana White for his little hissy fit about Randy Couture, Ross Pearson is far more experienced and balanced as a fighter. I'll pick Pearson by decision in this lightweight bout.

Matt Mitrione vs. Phil De Fries should actually be a really fun heavyweight fight. Both need a win here, Mitrione more than De Fries. But De Fries has been a little more impressive in his most recent efforts, so I'll pick him (De Fries) to win by submission in Round 3.

Rest of the Main Card

Bantamweights: Brad Pickett v. Mike Easton - I'm taking the more balanced fighter in Easton here by KO 2.

Featherweights: Diego Brandao v. Pablo Garza -  I see Garza taking this to the ground and getting the better of Brandao here. Garza by decision.

Featherweights: Akira Corassani v. Robbie Peralta - Corassani is a balanced fighter, but Peralta is on a massive winning streak. I'm going with the hot hand and picking Peralta by decision.

Follow me at twitter.com/seantherebel and like my page at www.facebook.com/SeanNetworkBlogs.

No comments: