Thursday, February 7, 2013

Bellator 88 picks

So following one of my worst weeks of picking ever (Bellator and UFC brought me a combined 2-7 record), I look to redeem myself with tonight's Bellator card.

Featherweight Quarterfinal bouts

Marlon Sandro over Akop Stepanyan by Submission 1
Fabricio Guerreiro over Megomedrasul Khasbulaev by decision
Mark Richman over Mitch Jackson by KO 2
Genair da Silva over Alexandre Bezzara by KO 1

Bellator Middleweight Championship bout (title vacated when Hector Lombard left for UFC): Maiquel Falcao vs. Alexander Shlemenko

Shlemenko has drawn quite the sizable fan base over his time in Bellator. His striking caused Lombard to take a step back and his wrestling/military hand-to-hand skills make him probably the scarier guy to meet on the streets.

However, Falcao has proven to have a decent stand-up game himself as well as immaculate ground skills.

Overall, Falcao is one of the guys in Bellator I'm not going to pick against (unless a dominant champion like Lombard shows up) and Shlemenko has to prove himself to me tonight. Until then, I've got Falcao by Submission Round 3.

Follow me at twitter.com/seantherebel and like my page at www.facebook.com/SeanNetworkBlogs

No comments: