Friday, December 14, 2012

UFC on FX: Sotiropoulis vs. Pearson/Beallator 84 preview

Well... last week's picks sucked.

I only managed to win the UFC on Fox main event between Ben Henderson and Nate Diaz last weekend. But I'll do better this week.

I had planned a longer blog for tonight's dueling UFC/Bellator events, but my heart's not in it tonight. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims of the Connecticut tragedy.

That and a Christmas party have taken up a colossal chunk of my time today at work, and so without a lunch break to really dig in, I can only belt this out during a brief coffee break. So here are my picks for tonight:

UFC on FX

Lightweights: George Sotiropoulis v. Ross Pearson - I'll take the local Sotiropoulis via decision.

Middleweights: Hector Lombard v. Rousimar Palhares - Lombard by decision.

I won't pick the TUF: Smashes finale fights, as I've not seen the season.

Bellator 84

Final Bellator event of 2012 and final one on MTV2. Let's pick really fast!

Bellator Heavyweight Championship/tournament final bout: Richard Hale v. Alexander Volkov - I'll take Volkov via KO1. Been really impressed with him lately.

Lightweight tournament final: Dave Jansen v. Marcin Held - Held by submission in Round 2.

Middleweights: Louis Taylor v. Joe Vedepo - Taylor by decision.

Middleweights: Jack Hermansson v. Daniel Vizcaya - Hermansson by KO2.

I'll go more in-depth for the TUF American finale tomorrow.  RIP to the victims again.



No comments: