Thursday, August 2, 2012

A note to GSP: You don't have TIME for your dreams!

Yes, I have returned. I really do not like these thin weeks between fights, but things will hopefully pick up soon.

In the mean time, check out my other blog at theseannetwork.blogspot.com, where I've been reviewing comics, had the Batman-a-thon of Batman movies, and have some big debate-inducing columns coming up.

In order to flesh out this blog, I will be doing brief pieces like this on news I see on my feeds.

This article from Caged Insider states that after unifying the UFC World Welterweight Championship with Carlos Condit's interim belt (and, more importantly, the WEC title), he would like to fight Anderson Silva.

I love the idea of those two fighting, and I know Silva wants to make it happen, but am I the only one who doesn't think this should be allowed?

GSP will have been gone for about a year by the time he fights Condit. There's a conga line of challengers ready to go. Who is GSP to dismiss this entire division as less important than the mega-fight.

He's a champion and needs to defend his belt. If he had been doing that pretty frequently, I'd say it's fine to take a break and have a superfight. Fact is, though, this division is backed up and needs some clarity.

And honestly, if he loses, do we care about the fight anymore.

Let's not make big promises until this stalling is out of the way. Sound good?

No comments: