Saturday, July 21, 2012

UFC 149 Picks

Thanks to my Batman-a-thon on my General Blog, a trip to San Diego, a wedding and my new job, I've had very little time to get onto the MMA blog recently.

Luckily for you, I am still going to give you my picks tonight for UFC 149: Faber vs. Barao.

UFC Interim Bantamweight World Championship bout: Urijah Faber vs. Renan Barao


Barao has been on a massive role since his first professional fight, going undefeated (28-0-1) since that first fight. His BJJ background is stellar.

Faber, however, is nearly as proficient in BJJ and also has a better stand-up game in my view. He is also desparate to win, as he's nearing the end of his prime.

I will lean toward Faber by decision here.

Rest of the Main Card


Middleweights: Tim Boetsch v. Hector Lombard - Taking the former Bellator champ here. Lombard by KO 1.

Heavyweights: Chieck Kongo v. Shawn Jordan - I've seen Jordan fight live, and he wasn't ready for this then. I have to stand by that and pick Kongo by KO 2.

Welterweights: Brian Ebersole v. James Head - I'm taking the wrestler Ebersole by decision here.

Welterweights: Matt Riddle v. Chris Clements - Riddle by Submission in Round 3.

Sorry for the brevity, but I'll be back up to speed soon.

No comments: