Friday, June 8, 2012

UFC on FX preview

So I opted against actually making full picks for the TUF finale last week on the grounds that I really only had the main event scouted enough to be comfortable making a pick.

And since my brother has just completed his school year this week, I've been busy simply getting my thoughts on the Oklahoma City Thunder written up. That said, I still have some comic reviews to do and most prominently, I have these picks to make.

Ian McCall and Demetrious Johnson will have their big rematch of the UFC Flyweight tournament semifinal from a few months back. I had McCall in the last fight, and I did think he won the fight that wound up a majority draw.

I actually had thought it was a loss when Mighty Mouse got the announced decision, but the change to the decision sent shockwaves through the entire fledgling division.

I'm going to stand by my decision and take McCall to win by decision.



Rest of the card


Welterweights: Erick Silva v. Charlie Brenneman - Brenneman surprised everyone a few months ago by stopping Rick Story's streak. He's 1-1 since then, and I look for him to take another step forward with a decision win.

Welterweights: Mike Pyle v. Josh Neer - Neer has been on a role lately, but Pyle has the only notable wins between the two. I'll take Neer to run up his streak by Round 2 submission.

Bantamweights: Scott Jorgensen v. Eddie Wineland - Wineland could really use a win coming off a two-fight losing streak, but I think Jorgensen's got him beat. I have him winning by KO in round 1.

Lastly, I will give my thoughts on Pacquiao-Bradley. Pac Man weighed in at the 147-lb. limit, which is his all-time high. I believe he has lost a step, and Bradley will give him the fight of his recent career. That said, I think the gap in skill is still of concern, and Pacquiao will eke out the decision.

If you are betting, though, betting on Bradley may be the better bet, as Pac Man's odds are far too high for the level of competitiveness that will arise.

No comments: