Saturday, June 13, 2015

UFC 188 preview

It's been some time since I've done my picks in text form, but that will probably become the norm shortly.

I am shifting away from video blogs and going back to nearly all text writing in a few months, so here's a text blog of my picks for UFC 188.

Cain Velasquez would be my unquestioned pick before his injury, but ring rust is leaving my a little more apprehensive about picking him to remain UFC World Heavyweight Champion.

Interim champion Fabricio Werdum has had quite the run since his fight with Fedor Emelianenko a few years ago, and his striking and grappling has only gotten better since returning to UFC in my opinion.

Still, I don't think Cain would be entering this fight without knowing he could be back to his high level boxing/wrestling self, so I will take him to pick up a KO win in round 3.

Other fights on Main Card

Lightweight bout: Gilbert Melendez over Eddie Alvarez by decision in my pick for Match of the Night.

Middleweight bout: Nate Marquardt over Kelvin Gastelum by KO in Round 1

Featherweight bout: Yair Rodriguez over Charles Rosa by decision

Strawweight bout: Tecia Torres over Angela Hill by submission in Round 2

No comments: